D-1 FAB Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-1 FAB Distortion

I was actually surprised about the sound. I tried it out at a guitar center and was impressed, so I bought it. I use this with a Telecaster on a small bass amp and it sounds good. The distortion doesn't quite go high enough if you are wanting a metal sound (try the Fab Metal pedal, also by Danelectro), but for a good punk sound or for any other genre that doesn't need huge distortion, it sounds good. Very nice sound.

I play a lot of punk rock, pop rock, and emo, and this pedal fits very well with those styles. I've played for about a year, so I'm a beginner and this is a good beginner pedal. I just wish that the darn stomp part was easier to press down. I still think that this is a good pedal though, and it sounds as good as 30-40 dollar pedals.

I think that it is dependable (it won't break or anything) but I don't know if I would use it at a gig because of the difficulty to press the switch down, but still, it is reliable to practice with, and really cheap.

This is pretty easy to use. I mean, it only has 3 knobs to turn. My only problem is that the actual stomp part of it, the part you press down with your foot to turn it on, is kind of hard to press down and its small. If Danelectro would make this a little bigger and a little looser to push down, then this would definately be a 10, because it is so easy to use. The manual for it (if you can call it a manual) is very small but tells you everything you need to know to use it.