D-1 FAB Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-1 FAB Distortion

The sound on this money is great for how cheap it is! I use it with my Peavey Raptor EXP/Epiphone Les Paul 100, and my Peavey Backstage amp. It can get a lot of static if you turn up the tone all of the way. And if you turn the tone all of the way down, it gets really quiet. The effects of it are fantastic. Great distortion, but if you turn it up too much, you can hear your fingers scratching on the strings. You can get the basic distortion that you would get out of your standard amp, but with the ease of just stomping on it to turn it on/off.

For playing rock, metal, and some blues, this pedal works perfectly. It has a great tone. If it were stolen/lost, I would buy It again, once again, just because it is so cheap. I love how good it sounds for $20. It's also not that heavy, so it's not a hassle to carry around all of the time. The only thing that I wish it had would be the metal stomp button. Besides that, Danelectro FAB Pedals are probably some of my favorite pedals.

This pedal is very dependable. I have had it for about two and a half months now and it still works like new. The only thing that I don't like about it is that the battery runs out fairly quickly, so I recommend using an adapter instead. If I had to go to a gig with this pedal, I would probably bring a backup (I'm a worry wart) just because it is so cheap. If it were lets say, $100, then I probably wouldn't.

This pedal is very easy to use. The standard input, output, and 9-volt power source, plugins. It has level (volume), tone, and how much distortion you want knobs. It comes with a manual, but just knowing that the input goes to your guitar and the output goes to your amp should be enough. It has a cobalt blue light that turns on (that is for all Danelectro FAB pedals) when in use, so it is very easy to see. The only thing that I don't like about this pedal is that the stomp button is plastic, not metal. The reason that I don't like the plastic is that it sometimes sticks and it isn't as fluid as the metal ones.

kevsem65
    as a beginning player just wanting to mess around with different effects i got a four pack of these ( metal, distortion, chorus and echo) for $50. couldnt be happier for less than the price of one big name pedal!