D-2 FAB Overdrive review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-2 FAB Overdrive

Purchased from: Rainbow Music

I use this with my Epiphone Zack Wylde Buzzsaw and a Line 6 Spider 2 75Watt. Crank up the level, tone and OD and this thing could keep up with a 350Watt easy! Excelent ODrive even when its volume maxed. Its a simple pedal so if you are wanting to sound like your favourate band etc. steer clear. This is an Overdrive pedal, nothin more, nothin less.

I play metal, heavy, and I like to mix funky licks with a bit of crunhy drive and this lets you do all that with the push of a switch. Only had it for a year or so but this thing keeps goin and goin. I had a Zack Wylde stomp box before this but it broke when I was low on cash and I had gig in 2 days. At first I was a bit edgy bout byin a crappy 'one gig only' pedal. But I did cuz I had no choice. When I got home I whipped it out, set up my equipment and turned on the amp. When I heard the Drive a huge smile came across my face. This thing is a crowd pleaser and a half!

For fifteen squid, Danelectro has gone out of its way to make this as good as possible in this price range. Solid, sturdy, strong. No need for a backup. If anything does happen to it though, remember, it only cost 15 squid!

It comes with a manual but you neednt take one look at it. This has been built for simplicity. Tone, level (volume) and amount of OD is all you can adjust. But don't be put off, this thing packs an allmighty punch. Easy to use. A five year old could figure this thing out.

GuitarJunkie
    Your using an OD pedal with a modeling amp? hmm I wondering why im completely disregarding your entire review right...about.....NOW!
    voxdude26
    same here, i bet that thing sounds like crap with that line 6 since they sound like crap anyway.
    Kenkthulhu
    OK I'd like to see more comments from people who actually have one of these, and less from people who don't. I have one of these and it is great. EOS.
    chubb666
    ive got one, im only a newbie but when i plug it into my 10watt BC rich practice amp it makes it kick ass when turned all the way up.
    ToBeAGooner
    This thing sucks. How can you say it is good? Have you ever heard a good overdrive before? The only thing this pedal does is make noise. Their is no definition of chord tones when you play a chord. It is complete crap. I bought one of these because I was cheap and stupid, and was so thoroughly displeased I went back and got a tube screamer. There is no competition between this piece of junk and a real overdrive.