D-2 FAB Overdrive review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Danelectro: D-2 FAB Overdrive

I am using this with my ESP PC-1V and a Fender Princeton solid state amp along with a Vintage SG tube amp. This pedal is noisy, but not more so than any other OD effect. The effect itself is terrible. It produces a wash of sound that is undescernible. When you play chords, there is no way to Pick out the individual notes, it just sounds like a wall of horrible noise. This pedal cant even give me a decent OD sound, let alone give me a sound like someone famous. I see people praise this, but do not fall for it. It sounds horrible. You truly do get what you pay for.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Pay the damned money, get something that sounds decent. I admire Dano for trying to get something affordable to the market, I just wish they hadn't failed so horribly.

It has a plastic casing, so that cant be durable. I would be too embarrased to gig with this awful noise Machine, and I now have a tubescreamer which is 10000x better.

It is easy enough to use. Three knobs, one for level, tone and OD. The manual was pretty useless, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out.

nevada
    i like it for its price it was wrth it but if i had more money i'd buy something decent
    twitch410
    It's ok for the money but it does sound pretty bad, as the first review says it's just a wall of noise. I would definetely not buy one of these again, get yourself something decent.