D-2 FAB Overdrive review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-2 FAB Overdrive

Purchased from: Live N' Loud (Local Store)

I'm running a Blaze Stratocaster copy to this which is connected to my Kustom KGA10FX amp, and I'm impressed. I tried this in the shop on a Marshall MG50DFX, and a smile came to my face when I played it. Once I got home, another smile came to my face as I got the sound I wanted from it, and the same sound impact it had on the MG50DFX. This baby can be noisy with high OD and EQ with rather high level, but it does the job, and that's what matters. You can only tell that it is noisy when you mute the strings completely and havnen't hit any notes. The sound for me is great, I'm loving this thing.

Considering I play hard rock/punk rock and the odd time some blues/metal, this is a nice match. I tried a blues solo with this baby, and the solo came alive because of the Drive. Considering I've been playing 10 months, this is a good match, but if I'd been playing longer, I'd probably upgrade to something like a Boss pedal, as I tried the Boss Overdrive and it was better than this pedals Overdrive. If I lost this pedal or had it stolen, I'd buy a new one, but if I had the money, I'd buy a Boss pedal. All in all, this is a good pedal for newer guitar players, but for more experienced, they would probably expect a better sound, for example from a Boss pedal.

This thing is made of strong plastic, and is very reliable.It hasn't broken down on me, blown up, or any other non-sense, it has just played. I would probably gig with this without a backup simply for the fact it is such a reliable pedal. So as for the reliability and durability, this is very good.

This is a very basic pedal. Three knobs and a button. Tone (EQ setting), OD (overdrive) & level (volume), with a button to switch it on/off. Simple to use, very basic, but works. The manual has basically no information apart from the batteries it takes, and tells you what the three settings do.

inefficiency
    kaptink
    Mcut202
    This is a great pedal for the money. And just because it's made of plastic doesn't mean it is going to break. Unless of course you reguarly throw your pedals against nearby brick walls.
    fade2dust
    i have a fab distortion pedal cos right now im on abit of a budget guitar wise and its bang for ya buck as americans would say. simple as
    Dannychords
    OMG I got that for 16 dollars and its pretty good...I like the FAB echo...they have some sick effects for cheap =], but the metal FAB pedal killed my last amp....=[
    MeatSandwich55
    This thing Royally Sucks. It takes your guitar, and turns the sound from a guitar to a skin flute. It sucks That bad.
    cerveza
    the boss SD-1 is $65
    cerveza
    i've never smiled when i played an MG...worst idea Marshall ever had
    limefan913
    kaptink wrote: This pedal makes the ugliest sounds ever. Completely harsh and toneless..... I ****ing love it.
    That right there made my day.
    AdamDK
    I totally disagree. This thing is awesome, especially for RHCP. Try playing Dani California, then using this to get distortion for the chorus.