D-2 FAB Overdrive review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-2 FAB Overdrive

Purchased from: music ground

I use a Marshall MG15CDR, and a Tanglewood Nevada FST32. I make the amp settings clean so I can play songs like Bat country by Avenged Sevenfold, because it has a clean interlude but mainly overdriven. It can be noisy, it depends on how you set the level, the Overdrive does not sound great say on 2-5 but at ten it is great, same for the tone, it gives it lots of crunch. My favourite artists are Trivium and AX7 and I can get the sound of them really well. This is an Overdrive pedal, so no didtortion, and it has no chorus.

I play metal and hard rock+ Grunge, and I get the sound really well for metal and hard rock, but Grunge is harder to get. I have been playing almost 2 years, and at the moment my guitar is not the best, but not the worst, I wanted a distortion pedal and we went through the pedals and I asked for a try on the pedals and the Overdrive was so much better that the 40pound didtortion pedals, if it were to be stolen I would look for a better pedal, because it does not have the effects I plan to have. I like the Overdrive and tone because they sound great, I don't like the tiny bits of feedback when I crank the level to 10, I wish it had every effect, every pedal has, but that is for my fantasys.

I can depend on it because the battery is 9v so it lasts for ages, I would bring a backup because it is a small pedal, and not one that can be relied on very easily I'm afraid. But I did say it lasts ages but that was not the case when I baught it, because it had been used so many times it had little life left to live, so always buy a spare battery before gigs, even if it is infront of 10 people, and not 1000 people.

It is very easy to use, all you do is plug in your lead leading to the amp in output and your guitar lead in input, and if you have a 9v adapter, you can use it instead of wasting batteries. The manual explains where the leads go and the basics. The pedal can be used to sound your normal amplifier settings, the you can make it overdriven, and add extra tone, and make it as loud as f--k.