D-2 FAB Overdrive review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-2 FAB Overdrive

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play my Danelectro Fab Overdrive through an Epiphone Les Paul Special II and into a Fender 15G. I don't hear any buzzing or any other annoying sounds whatsoever. It makes me tiny 15W Fender sound like a real tube amp. I have gotten all the Aerosmith sounds I have gone for, a couple Rush songs, and many more. I can't get enough of this pedal, when I mix it with my Boss DS-1 Pedal, I can get the metal zone effect.

I play a lot of Goo Goo Dolls songs, a lot of classic rock, blues, and a lot more. It seems to fit into all the different styles I have played. I have been playing close to 4 years now. If it were to get stolen or lost, I would definitely buy a new one. My favorite features are the sound, ease of use and the magic of rock it brings my band:). I haven't compared this particular pedal to any other OD pedals, but I have compared the Fab Distortion to a Boss DS-1 Distortion and IMO the FAB is right up there with the Boss. Hard to believe, but it is. I just wish this pedal wasn't a hard plastic, because that is the only thing that is holding it back from people. It's a great pedal, and I don't know how Danelectro does it, but they blow me away every time (If you want to know, I have the O.D, chorus, and the flange FABs. My friend has the distortion).

I would definitely use this in gigs. I don't stomp on my pedals or anything, I just tap it and it's on. There are never times when your not sure if it is on or not, because there is a super bright blue LED light on the top. BTW this is a very hard plastic, but I have dropped it many times and it is still holding up.

I just plugged this baby in, turned up the O.D knob, and plucked away. It comes with a little tab/sheet thing, but the pedal has 3 knobs, which are: level, tone, OD (overdrive). That's what I like about the FABs, so easy to get the tone you want. Battery is really easy to put in, the bottom has a rubber casing which comes off by taking a flathead (or anything will work because it's a huge plastic head)to it. Easy to add onto pedal boards too.

mousepad
    this is a great pedal and anyone who doesnt like it needs to have a fish hook stuffed down their peehole then have it yanked out
    thev90
    i have one and it works great, it kind of fuzzes the sound though, but it sounds great still.
    j-boy199
    Its a good pedal for those on a budget I reckon I've got one,seems alright to me would definately get a boss but still this thing does the job