D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Purchased from: Live N' Loud

I'm running the FabMetal through a Kustom KGA10FX, with a Blaze Stratocaster copy, and the sound I get is phenominal. I tend to play hard rock/punk rock, and I love using this Pedal, espeically for playing Guns' Roses (example: the chorus of Knocking On Heavens Door, intro to Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine chorus, etc). The Distortion on it is phenominal, and is perfect for hard rock/punk rock/metal. I am able to get the sounds of my favorite artits, and that is one of the things I love about this pedal.

I play hard rock & some punk rock, and this pedal is perfect for me. It'd be better for Metal, but I can get the boosts I need during a chrous and other parts of a song, which is good for me, because some songs I play, I like to keep it clean during a verse, then come into the chorus with some Distortion. I compared this Pedal with a Boss Super-Overdrive and Distortion pedal, and this one I choose for tow reasons. It is cheaper and it can match up to the sound if you tweak the settings a bit. If you play lighter rock like the blues, etc, you'd probably be better buying the Fab Distortion or Overdrive, although this one I prefer to the other two Fabs'. If your looking for a cheap pedal to give you the right sound, this is the one. If I lost this pedal or had it stolen, I'd definately buy another one. I have fell in love with this pedal simply because it has the perfect sound for me. It could be improved, for me, it'd be better with a bigger button to Switch it on because this button is quite small, and sometimes I end up turning it on then off with I use my foot to Switch it on. Overall, any metal heads, hard rockers or punk rockers should definately add this pedal to their collection. You'll fall in love with it after playing it for a while. You'll definately realise you got value for money if you buy this pedal, so I suggest you do.

This pedal is very reliable, and is good enough to go through a gig without a backup IF you use a 9v adapter. The batteries can die out pretty fast if you keep it on for too long, but if you just use it get a boost during the Chrous of a song, etc, then it is fine with a battery.

The Fab Metal is such an easy pedal to use, it takes no effort at all to set it up. Set your Gain, Tone and Level, then rock away. It is easy to switch on, you push down on the button with the Danelectro logo. It has a light indicator that lights up to blue when switched on. This is definately easy to use.