D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

I am running this thing with a Squier Strat, a Fender Frontman, and a Dunlop Original Crybaby. It's probably just my amp and guitar, but when you turn it up, it does get quite buzzy. You also get lots of string noise if you turn the gain up. I don't usually turn it up too high though. I was looking to get my own sound with this, not replicate another artist's tone with it, but it does a pretty good job. The distortion a fairly "crunchy".

I play metal, classic rock, modern rock, blues, and I've been trying to get into funk and jazz. This is agood match for metal, but it's a bit too harsh even at it's lowest gain setting for the other genres. I've been playing for a year and 3 months and am using a Fender Frontman, Squier Stratocaster, and a Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah. If it was stolen or lost, I'd probably get a different pedal. I mean, this thing is good for the tender price of $20, but I'd save up a bit and get something a little better. I liked how Danelectro was able to put out a fairly decent pedal for such a low price. I wish it had a bit more control over the tone, but you get what you pay for!

I can sort of depend on this. The adapter I'm using with it seems like it wants to jump out of the slot for it. It tends to come loose easily and I don't even pull the wire. I don't gig, but I wouldn't use it without a backup because this thing drains batteries fairly quickly. On the bottom it says that while it is plugged in, whether you are playing or not, that it is sucking up your precious batteries. I unplugged mine whenever I wasn't using it and it lasted 3 days.

This pedal couldn't get much more simple. A level control, a tone control, and a gain control. The manual for it is not very descriptive, but I didn't have a problem with that because the pedal is so simple. To get a good sound out of it, it was cheap so you won't be getting a godly sound out of it, but if you have decent gear already, you should be able to get a tone you like.

Cardboard
    dude you do realise 1000 mA = 1A and thats a freakin lot of currency for a ****in eletronic device =/
    eric_cartman
    i agree with cardboard your stupid, if your like brainless chevelle there are little things called batteries they work like a charm
    Chevelle454
    i used a computer speaker adapter without checking it out, oh, and cartman, they die pretty quick you dumb ****, and call be brainless because i didnt think of that? i doubt you could get into college free ride on you act scores
    the.spine.surfs
    kirbyrocknroll
    the.spine.surfs wrote: ...Way to insult his lack of attaing a merit-based scholarship. So...worth the $15 bucks? I'm hesitant about picking up any of these Dan-o FAB pedals...$15? Smells too good.
    I hear the FAB Distortion and FAB Overdrive are pretty good though. They are good for the money, especially for a first pedal like it was for me. Also, I'd recommend you stop with the flaming. The comments are for comments on the reviews and products, not a place for you to practice your comebacks. If I were looking for a review, I would hardly want to see people arguing in the comments for a product.
    De Amazing Blob
    Everyone just shut about arguing with each other. Literally NO ONE cares. I don't intend to buy this, seeing as I already have something better, but this seems ridiculous to me, for $15 I would expect something crappy, but people seem to like it... Interesting...
    eric_cartman
    chevelle you're sad man, if you forget to check well i guess your not a ****ing genius, if you put shitty batteries that you find in the trash along with your food, of course there gonna die... common sense just common sense it's like when i **** with the filthy ***** you call mother, i don't forget to use a rubber i know she's a slut i'm telling you man just common sense, using a rubber, checking an adaptor you name it. ....and another thing chevelle try working on you're comebacks they kinda' suck , just like you're mom