D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 2.3 Junky
Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Purchased from: Second encore

I'm using this with a Washburn X-10 and a prince amp. I cannot stand the sound of this, I listen to music like Cannibal corpse, Slayer, Lamb of god, Fear factory and this pedal was terrible beyond belief. When you tried to make a really metal palm mute it sounded like you didn't even have distortion. The pedal also only works a tenth of the time, it's not the battery that it eats up fast it's because it just refuses to turn on. When you play a few high notes it creates this terrible wall of sound as if it was just reacting to one note. Also if you try to play a solo it makes this screeching sound that makes you wanna claw your ears out rather then listen to it for another second, I adjusted the pedal for a long time but couldnt get rid of it. Also I exchanged it 2 times and got the same problems.

I play black, death, speed and thrash metal and this can match very few elements of thrash. I've been playing for 2 years and I own a Boss pedal and a Dunlop wah wah pedal and I bought this thinking it'd be all right judging by the other reviews on this site but was dissapionted. If I hadve asked something before I bought it I wouldve asked "How many toddlers made this one". If this was stolen I'd jump for joy and run to the bar and celebrate. I love nothing about it except for the fact it's my favorite color black and I hate everything else about it. If I compared it to a Boss metal zone pedal I'd say this thing sounds like something out of a lucky charms box. I chose this one because I had 40 bucks and saw a metal pedal and thought it was a bargain. Yes it was a bargain, but that's like buying a ford for a hundred bucks, all it does is crap out on you when you need it most. Don't get this pedal.

I wouldn't depend on this pedal no matter what the reason was, the effect sucks, the reliabilty is terrible. I would rather trust a homemade pedal I made myself. If I ever was top play a show and I needed a pedal I'd pawn off one of my guitars and get a Boss pedal.

It is easy when it does work although sometimes it can get jammed and you have to kick it really hard to get the metal going. The manual is straiight forword as it should be although for a beginner it could really confuse people. All it says is Input in guitar cord and output to amp cord. It is easy to use but I'd hardly ever works so I'd say this deserves a 5 because as much as this pedal sucks I guess it's easy to use.

thev90
    if you spend enough time with these pedals you can find some great sounds, i bought a package deal with all 6 and a case/board, and power supply and daisy chain and all the connector cables for $150, the cables were good ones too, one board to power all of them it's great no worry of too much voltage frying them up either