D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Purchased from: brc guitar

I only ever used this when I was beginning, so I only used this with a Washburn X10 and the crappy amp that came with it. I once used it with my Schecter and Kustom quad65, but then I got the pedal that's goes with that amp. But either way, it sounded good with both combinations. The pedal is as noisy as you set it. If you like screamo, then you can set the gain high and the level low and it sounds wicked. That makes a semi effect in a way. You can also set it to make it sound like almost any artist your heart desires. From light distortion to headbanging.

If you play metal or anything with distortion, this pedal is for you. If this thing were stolen I would definatly get a new one. My favorite thing about the pedal is it is like another channel to your amp. It has most of the setting you might find on a seperate channel on an amp. I would compare this to any other pedal that only does distorion. I would also have to give the fab the edge over every other pedal I compared it to.

I could totally really on this pedal. It never failed on me yet. I once play 3 shows in a week with it and it never failed on me. Even though all of the shows were inside and didn't put much stress on the pedal. But since I got the pedal to go with my quad65, I probably would use the fab as a backup.

This pedal is awesome for beginners. It was the first pedal I ever had. Unfortunatly all I could really use it for is turning off and on distortion, which by the way is all you really need as a beginner. it's also very easy to use. All you have to do is set the gain, tone and level and play. As soon as you press down the pedal, all the settings on the pedal become audible. In other words, just set to your likings and play. A nice thing about this pedal is that you can power it with a 9 volt battery or adapter. that's very useful.