D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Purchased from: Northern Kingdom

I'm running this pedal in this formation; Dean Dime-o-Flage, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, Fab Metal, Peavy Rage 158. It has a great sound, however on the middle knob there is a dramatic change in sound around 7-9, but the knobs turn slick enough to zero it in to the perfect sound. Earlier today I had the FAB and my amp distortion on at the same time, creating a unique, "hollow" sound, but unfortunately cutting off most of the top end. The pedal always sounds great, and is only as noisy as you want it to be.

I play mostly metal, blues, and rock n roll, and this pedal seems to fit the bill fine for each. If you tweak it well enough, you can get a good blues sound or rock n roll sound, which is a plus. I bought this pedal because I couldn't get a distortion on some of the effects of my DigiTech RP-12, so I bought this to get the distortion on said effects. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm hoping it works for what I bought it for. My favorite trait on this pedal is the sounds you can get out of it, especially from 5-10. If it was stolen or lost, I would probably be disappointed, but since it's only about 15 bucks I could just go buy a new one. Overall, this pedal is so easy to use, a cave man could do it.

I can easily depend on this pedal for my normal jamming, not so sure about gigs. Earlier the pedal stopped working for a short amount of time but after I disconnected everything and replugged it, it worked fine. I would probably gig with no backup, but they're only 15 smackers so it wouldn't Hurt to carry a backup.

This is a ridiculously easy pedal to use. Just plug in and play, basically. I'm putting a plug in through it, because I can never manage to keep 9v's alive for more than a couple days. The activation Switch presses down pretty easily, so a light step with have you on your way to tone happiness. You really don't even need to look at the manual. I know I didn't.