D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

I use the Danelectro Fab Metal Pedal with my Peavey Raptor EXP. It sounds great even with a cheesey practice amp. A lot of people say that the distortion on this pedal is very low. But it is not low, nor hight to me. It is just right. You can get the sound of a lot of Metallica songs. The only thing that I don't like about the sound is that if you turn up the gain all of the way, you can hear your fingers scratching against the strings.

I play metal, (duh) hard rock, and rock. It goes with it perfectly. I have been playing for 4 and a half years and I also own a Epiphone Les Paul 100. I asked as much as I could before buying this product and there is nothing to really complain about. If it were stolen/lost, I sould probably buy another one because they are so cheap. I love that it is black. Then, the blue easier to see. And it just looks cool. I wish that it had a metal stomp pedal, but oh well, it still works.

This pedal is one of the most dependable pedals that I have used. Along with all of the Danelectro FAB pedals, this one is very reliable. I have thrown it around for a while now and it still works like new. If I had to go to a gig and play with this, I would probably not bring a backup, but if I needed to, I would.

This pedal is great. Very easy to get sound. The manual explains everything very basiclly. Easy to read and understand. It has a neon blue light that pops on whenever you turn on the pedal. The only thing about this pedal that I don't like is that the stomp pedal is plastic so it sticks, unlike metal.