D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Price paid: A$ 35

Purchased from: Ebay

I use an AXL sro with an Ashton 15 watt amp. This combination sounds pretty good with the pedal. This pedal is only noisy if your amp volume is high. If you want alouder sound, turn up the volume on the pedal, to reduce unwanted noises. I like to play a lot of Metallica ;)(their early music from the 80's and early 90's and even though i don't have the best equipment, with the write settings I can get a pretty good Metallica sound. I would say the sound is good enough, though sometimes it gets all screeechy and it screams on the higher note bends, but after a few minutes of playing and turning the tone up a bit, it sounds good again.

I Love playing Metallica, and this pedal is pretty good for it, especially for the cheap price that it is. I have been playing the Acoustic for 2 years and electric for 1.2 years and I play with an AXL sro and an Ashton 15 watt amp. If it were stolen I would buy it again, unless I had enough money for something of a higher quality. I love how this pedal was so cheap yet so good for the price. I basically chose to buy this pedal because I didn't have enough money for a better one, but this pedal is good enough consiering the price I paid. To get the sound you want out of this pedal you have to experiment a bit. Don't get angry if you can't get the sound you want straight away, because eventually you will. IAS G

Yes I could depend on it if I had to, it is made of hard plastic, I have dropped it hard 5 times and it still works fine for the 3 months I have had it. I wouldn't use it on a gig, because it isn't the best sounding metal pedal out there for people that are in a band and do gigs. But this pedal is perfect for someone Who just plays in their bedroom or aren't in a band. Like me. This pedal eats 9 volt batteries pretty quickly, so if you don't want to use batteries, get the power supply recommended in the instuction booklet, unless you have a rechargable 9 volt battery.

The Fab Metal pedal is quite good for the price I paid. This pedal is easy to use, as there are only three control knobs. It is quite easy to get a good sound from it. If you want that full on metal sound, this pedal can do it. The manual is helpful on how to plugg it in the amp and guitar, and how to give it power.

Kboth18
    This pedal is good for most metal but the guy that bought it for 60 bucks was ripped off.
    Imapinkboi
    SLCONKL wrote: I JUST THINK THAT IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THE PEDAL YOU CAN GET A VARIETY OF SOUNDS. MAYBE ITS NOT THE PEDAL IT MIGHT BE THE SETUP YOUR USING. I USE IT LIVE AND YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOSS MT-2 AND THE FAB METAL. SO JUST PRACTICE MORE.....I HAVE 18 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND A MUSIC MAJOR OUT OF COLLEGE, JUST PRACTICE..
    Lol Boss-MT2 is way more versatile idiot lmao, Agreed with MetalMoses X. 18 Years of experience wasted then I guess. Boss-MT2 Isn't even all that good. This is the only good Distortion Pedal. Zvex Box of Metal. If not that then any Effects processor or Digital Distortion is better, since you can mod it to your liking.