D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I have an Epiphone SG Special and a Raven RG20 amp. This pedal works pretty well with my setup. I can get great tones, ranging from lightly crunchy and dull to insane and screaming. I hate having only 1 tone knob, though. It limits the range of good sounds you can get. Also,, I get a lot of noise, especially when setting the gain up high. I use the noise suppressor in my Zoom G1X, and it works, so you should be fine as long as you have a noise suppressor of some kind. Still, the sound is good for how cheap it is.

I play metal and hard rock, and I generally like this pedal. I'd recommend it to beginners, people wanting to try metal without spending a lot, or metal guitarists who don't want to spend a lot. I wish this thing had at least 2 tone knobs, though. However, I probably would buy another if I lost this one; it's not expensive and sounds good for the price.

This pedal is generally solid-built. I haven't put it through a lot of punishment, but I did drop it on my toe and my Zoom G1X, and it didn't break or get damaged. It also felt pretty tough when it landed on my toe, so I could probably trust it on a gig without a backup. I'm not sure how long batteries last with this thing, though; I always use a power plug.

This pedal was pretty straightforward. One knob for level, one knob for tone, one know for gain. The volume controls how loud it is, the tone controls the EQ, and the gain controls how much distortion is used. The pedal is pretty simple, but it can be hard to get the tone knob to give you the exact sound you want.

Gman1061
    This pedal is good for most metal but the guy that bought it for 60 bucks was ripped off.
    I completely agree. Most people who bought it on here completely got ripped off on a $15 pedal.
    diego0047
    this thing sucks for Pinch Harmonics (that & it could use more Bass & Gain, this thing sounds to "Dry" to me), but I guess its OK for its Price (I payed, 20Dlls for it) I kinda regret buying it, but I kinda like it also xD