D-3 FAB Metal review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Danelectro: D-3 FAB Metal

Price paid: C$ 20

Purchased from: L.A. Music Store

This pedal is great if you have a crappy noname brand 15W amp which I happen to own but plan to replace, it beats the shit out of my amps Overdrive that's for sure. I play it with an ESP LTD MH50 and into an ac adapter and I think for the price it is pretty awesome. I love how it's very clear even on max gain so if you hate muddy distortion and are short on cash then this is the pedal for you! However the main problem is that you can really only get one good sound out of it, great for stuff like Priest, Metallica, Slayer etc. But you can't really change the tone without it sounding like ass. But then again it's only $20 and it fits my needs pretty well.

I don't gig but it's made of plastic so it probably won't be reliable enough for gigging.

A volume, gain and tone knob doesn't exactly scream complex now does it? Yes it is pretty easy to get a good tone out of this thing which is surprising for a pedal in this price range, but with that said the best way to make this thing sound good is to get the volume of the amp and the volume of the pedal to a sort of "sweet spot" where it sound just right.