D-4 FAB Echo review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-4 FAB Echo

I'm using this with an ESP Viper 50, Line 6 Spider II 212 combo amp, Boss Metal Zone, Fab Chorus and a Morley Classic Wah. This pedal gets a bit annoying when it repeats like a delay pedal. I wanted a reverb pedal and this fulfills that part but the downside is that it repeats if you don't set it that carefully. Besides that, pretty cool pedal.

I play a lot of metal and this works fine for now. I've been playing for about 2 years and I should've tested it out twice before buying it. I wish it had a wider range of reverb tones like a DigiTech DigiVerb. I'd buy the DigiVerb when I get money and I wouldn't buy this pedal again if it were stolen/lost.

I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup because, this isn't the best reverb pedal ever. I'm just on a really really tight budget so, this will have to do for now. But it's actually pretty durable for a hard plastic cover rather than metal covers like DigiTech pedals.

This pedal is pretty easy to get a good sound out of. Two simple knobs and that's all you need.

The Ghost
    If you're looking for the Sun Records "SlapBack" Echo effect, then look no further - this is it ! If you're using this effect as a reverb unit, or you aren't familiar good old slap-back echo, then you are either too young and / or inexperienced to own this pedal or know how to use it.
    The Ghost
    This effect pedal is for the "slap-back" echo effect of the Sun Records days. IT IS NOT A REVERB UNIT! In my opinion its the best "slap-back" echo on the market. A good example of "slap-back echo is the 1957 recording of "Mystery Train" by Elvis on Sun Records. Scotty Moore is the guitarist. -The Ghost
    hazuing
    You are clearly too inexperienced (strange, after two years I'd have expected more experience) to tell the difference between a reverb pedal and a slapback DELAY pedal. You've skewed this review by reviewing it's ability to reverb (which according to you, it doesn't do too badly, which is weird as it's not even for reverb) instead of it's ability to perform it's purpose, which is delay (specifically slapback).
    Jonlivseagull
    The post reviewers here nailed it!! Just an incredible slapback. My band plays Folsom Prison Blues and none of my delays gave a decent rendition of the slap-back I was trying to get. Went to the shop and was told to give this on a try (will review soon) and I stole it for twenty dollars. Great pedal!
    The Ghost
    The Ghost wrote: If you're looking for the Sun Records "SlapBack" Echo effect, then look no further - this is it ! If you're using this effect as a reverb unit, or you aren't familiar with good old slap-back echo, then you are either too young and / or inexperienced to own this pedal or know how to use it.
    Kid Fisto
    awesome description!
    AnxietyAngel
    Kid Fisto wrote: Dancin_Fool wrote: Seriously, it is an echo pedal-pedal-pedal-pedal, not a reverb pedal-al-al. awesome description!
    That Was Killer, Dancin_fool!!!
    kevinpaul
    Mine will work ok direct in to my amp. I put it in a chain and it doesn't do a thing.