D-4 FAB Echo review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-4 FAB Echo

This pedal is obviously used to make your guitar echo. It is great for making creepy tones that you would expect to hear in a deserted church. You can defiantly hear the echo, it is very clear even with distortion. It sounds really cool if you play the James Bond theme song. Nice sound overall.

I tend to like to play faster music so this wasn't my favorite pedal. It has a good sound, but I'm not patient eneough to wait around for the echo to end. Don't even try playing a punk song it comes out sounding like a big blurred mess. You get what you payed for, what else can you expect for 10 bucks. My advice save up and buy someting a little better quality, not to knock Danelectro.

This pedal, however, is not that reliable. The batteries run out in like three hours. I got really pissed on having to keep spending money on batteries. The good part however is that it does come with a hole for a 9 volt DC adapter. You'll have to buy your own. Make sure it is 9V DC. I tried it with a 12 volt and it fried the pedal. It is pretty sturdy though.

The Danelectro Fab Echo is a pretty decent pedal. It is very easy to use, all you have to do is plug it into your guitar, and then into your amp, through the pedal. It's not hard to get the right sound there are two knobs, mix and repeat. Repeat is the amount of echo, where as the mix knob, I'm guessing, is how much time is inbetween each echo. So frickin' easy.

AdamDK
    Think I might purchase one of these on my birthday, they sound great. This pedal should sound great on clean.
    falafel
    wtf how can a pedal that good be that cheap? if it's true i'll probably buy one