D-4 FAB Echo review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-4 FAB Echo

I'm using a Yamaha Pacifica or LTD Alexi-600 -> Danelectro Grilled Cheese Distortion -> Danelectro Fab Metal -> Danelectro Fab Overdrive -> Danelectro Fab Echo -> TGM Flanger -> Yamaha F-20 amplifier. The sound is great. Turn both knobs fully to the left and you get this reggae-ish sound, perfect for reggae and slow ska. It isn't noisy what'soever. Great buy for Singapore dollars $27.

I play all kinds of music: ska, punk, thrash metal and the echo suits perfectly. I can get this eerie echo for some dark scary metal songs and it sounds great! If it was stolen/lost, I would definitely buy it again because of the sound it produces for such an incredibly low price.

Even though it's made of plastic, I would definitely depend on it. But being the wise person that I am, it's better to bring a backup just to be safe. I've had this for quite a while and it hasn't broken down on me so I would say it is reliable and durable.

How easy is it to use a pedal with only 2 knobs? 1 Echo knob and 1 Mix knob. If you got brains bigger than a hamster you would probably know how to tweak them knobs. There was a manual that came with it, explaining the knobs, but no preferred settings. But honestly, do you even need a manual for a pedal with only 2 knobs?

Wulver
    This is probably the flat-out best FAB pedal. Does exactly what it's supposed to do, sounds great doing it, and is freakin' cheap. I need nothing else.
    Billbo123
    Exactly what type of power adapter do i need for this pedal if I live in the UK? I'm confused lol I know I need 9V but how many Ma and like what type of jack etc would i need? If you can link me to a site to buy it, it would be greatly appreciated
    nailsarecruel
    The pedals in the FAB line should be bought with the Danelectro "Hum Free" adaptor. I found the Hum Free packaging kinda funny after using the pedal for 2 days on a universal adaptor.
    juniormilt
    mine started oscillating and was broken like three weeks after I got it. You get what you pay for
    JereGuitar
    Cheap pedal. Limited sound. Gave it away to a friend! Basically, a bit boring.