D-4 FAB Echo Review

manufacturer: Danelectro date: 03/08/2006 category: Guitar Effects
Danelectro: D-4 FAB Echo
You need a slap! Just the thing to spank your tone! Got tone? Smack it! The classic fixed-rate tape delay, invented in the '50s, shrunk into a pedal for the New Millenium.
 Ease of Use: 9
 7.3
 8.7
 2,931
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
D-4 FAB Echo Reviewed by: walkingonspikes, on march 08, 2006

Ease of Use: This pedal is pretty easy to get a good sound out of. Two simple knobs and that's all you need. // 9

Sound: I'm using this with an ESP Viper 50, Line 6 Spider II 212 combo amp, Boss Metal Zone, Fab Chorus and a Morley Classic Wah. This pedal gets a bit annoying when it repeats like a delay pedal. I wanted a reverb pedal and this fulfills that part but the downside is that it repeats if you don't set it that carefully. Besides that, pretty cool pedal. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup because, this isn't the best reverb pedal ever. I'm just on a really really tight budget so, this will have to do for now. But it's actually pretty durable for a hard plastic cover rather than metal covers like DigiTech pedals. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal and this works fine for now. I've been playing for about 2 years and I should've tested it out twice before buying it. I wish it had a wider range of reverb tones like a DigiTech DigiVerb. I'd buy the DigiVerb when I get money and I wouldn't buy this pedal again if it were stolen/lost. // 6

Comments