D-5 FAB Chorus review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-5 FAB Chorus

Purchased from: Live N' Loud (Local Store)

I'm using a Blaze Stratocaster guitar, and a Kustom KGA10FX amp, with a Fab Overdrive connected to this pedal, and I love the outcome. I thought my amp had good clean, but this thing shows Who's Boss. I got an amazing sound for my leads when I used this with my Fab Overdrive pedal. The thing I hate about this pedal though is when you turn the knobs to max (all three), you get an Flanger kind of sound, which can be very annoying if somebody turns the knobs when I'm out, then I get back Switch it on and have a flanger! All in all, the sound is good.

I play hard rock/punk rock, and some blues, and this pedla is a great match. This pedal pretty much works for any style, and gives any clean an even better sound. I compared this to a Boss Chorus pedal, and this matched up to the Boss pedal, and showed you don't need to spend a lot of money for a good pedal. If I lost this pedal or had it stolen, I'd be straight down my store to buy another one. I'm loving this pedal, and I'm proud to have it in my rig. I reccomend this pedal to any kind of player, it simply is amazing.

This thing is made of strong plastic, and is very hard, and has never broken down on me. I run it with a 9V adaptor, and it it is fine. I have used a battery with it, and it doesn't die fast. If you stomp pretty hard, it won't break, and if you drop it by accident, it should stay in one piece. I probably would gig with this without a back up as it is so reliable.

This pedal has three knobs: depth, speed and mix. Just adjust these to your satisfaction, and you have your ideal settings, simple. You get a manual with it, but it is not important, it just states the batteries it takes, the adaptor needed, and what the knobs do.

The_Clap
    i use all of these pedals even though i have all the boss ones i even use the echo sometimes instead of my gigadelay. The only one i dont use is the overdrive and the metal cuz i have a vintage tube screamer and a muff pi. but i do use the chorus, echo, distortion, and im pickin up flange this weekend
    Gibson_Rocker13
    Lieske02 wrote: Any way it sounds as nice as the boss pedals? if it does how is that much less expensive
    its less expensive mainly for 3 reasons:1.because its made of plastic 2.theres only one output input jack and 3.theres only three knobs so its kind of limited but who the hell cares these are awome pedals
    AdamDK
    They only suck the battery if you use the battery for too long.
    beefyboy232
    wait, the first guy said he ran it with a Line 6 Spider II amp, so to me that opinion has been voided. The fact that Danelectro cant make decent equipment also makes me iffy on these reviews.
    Modest Moose
    I bought the Fab Flange. It's actually a really good pedal, even if it is plastic. Good sound. Great price. Except music go round charged $30 for it, instead of $20. bastards.
    Kingyem0c0re
    it'sa great pedal for the beginners and for some higher stat. players if they know how to tweak things good. i got the metal, chorus and flange FAB pedals
    AdamDK
    I took my Metal back, it bust but it wasn't the pedals fault I don't think, not sure if the power cut effected it, but I replaced it the FAB Overdrive. Also turn all the knobs up on the chorus and you get a flange sound.