D-5 FAB Chorus review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Danelectro: D-5 FAB Chorus

Brand new battery in it and I used a MIM Fender strat with a rosewood neck plugged into a Fender Princeton. I wasn't able to get any kind of chorus-like sound out of the pedal unless the knobs were at least halfway tuned in. I turned the knobs to the max and got a nice warbly sound but other than that I could get much else out of the pedal. It didn't sound too solid really. I was a little disappointed with it.

I play various styles of music from blues to rock & roll to country and everything in between. I've been playing for seven and a half years. I own the Danelectro Daddy-O and I picked up the Cool Cat pedal after trying this pedal out. I didn't buy it in the first place, and I wouldn't get a replacement if I had been foolish enough to buy before trying. What I like is that even if you get it offline, it's only $15 and it's not a loss if you don't like it. I much rather prefer the Cool Cat because it sounds truly amazing. Unfortunetly the Fab doesn't sound half as good as the Cool Cat. I would have definitely bought this if I didn't have the tune the knobs halfway before noticing a difference just on the fact that it's so inexpensive. I also tried the Fab Overdrive and noticed the same problem with little or no difference in tone before the knobs were sitting at high noon. I hope they're not all like this.

It seems like, if you found some use out of it, it would hold up pretty well. It's plastic yes but it's hard plastic and the knobs don't have the same problem like with the Dano Mini's. I think it would last you awhile and if I liked the sound then I would use it without a backup.

Easy of use? I tried this pedal at my local music shop. I tried this pedal along with the Danelectro Cool Cat. It's only three knobs that aren't too difficult to understand. I've never run into a single effects pedal that I couldn't figure out within seconds.

stujomo
    Good little pedal for the price if you get one that works. My first one did not work but the shop exchanged it the next day and the new one has been great.
    thev90
    i like this pedal, for a time it sounded just like my fab flange so i had to dramatically change the settings so the effects would be different but other than that
    petey gunnz
    can some one post a good setting up cause ive been messing around with it and i just cant seem to get this sound u guys all talk about