D-5 FAB Chorus review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Danelectro: D-5 FAB Chorus

Purchased from: gift from my bands drummer

The sound is okay, when I was first using it, I set the speed as slow as possible, and it sounds like the game Super Mario when he jumps. Then if the speed is all the way, it's like it's not even on. This chorus sounds great with the breakdown part of Master of Puppets. I also use my amps reverb in that aswell, but you can still hear the chorus. it's a decent chorus I would say. It was my first, I haven't tried any others, but I've heard others, and they sound better then this one. But for the price(that my drummer said he bought it at) it would work if your low on cash.

Overall this pedal is okay for the price. I think it could be way better. I've been using it for about 6 months, and it still sounds the same as it did the first day I got it. I haven't had any technical problems with it yet. There's really not to much to say, it's a simple pedal. there's really not too much to say about it, sorry.

Well, I've had it since Febuary and it's still together, even though it's made of plastic. Usually plastic pedals get beat up pretty quick. It typical Danelectro shape(I used to have a Danelectro distortion pedal). I use this at gigs, but it has my amps reverb, my Boss MT2 and my Washburn wah pedal to help it out. With my bands songs, it works well, but if your using it to play a cover, it's not so great.

This pedal is okay. I'm not a big fan, my bands drummer got it for me on my birthday. it's okay for the purpose I use it for. There are 3 knobs it, a Mix, Speed, and Depth. It has one Switch, and the Switch is kind of small aswell. The whole pedal is pretty small at that. The knobs seem a bit loose, when I pack this away to take it to a show, usually when I take it out, they are all moved around from being rubbed against or something. That gets a little annoying, but hey it happens.

SkAsupafly
    I NEED HELP, Deciding between this or washburn lyon bad dog chorus. im just getting a cheap one so i can leave my amp on another effect like flange or delay. so any recomendations??
    gyzer_8970
    No offence walkingonspikes, this is just an observation, but am I the only one who thinks that if you say play death metal and other kinds of metal it's weird when you mention that you also play "some" blues? Also, do these "fab" pedals sound like their price, or better, like a $50 pedal?
    Wulver
    The Chorus is one of the best FAB effects Dano has. Very effective at thickening your sound, and can creep into flanger territory if you push it far enough.
    bt99
    sounds killer on bass guitar !!!! (get it bassist or guitarist)
    jeffo46
    I just bought the Fab Flange along with the adaptor,and I am pleasantly surprised at how good these $15.00 pedals sound.I intend to get the Chorus and Overdrive to go along with this.
    ISM
    This is an awful pedal; I'm sorry but it is. When I use it (new out the box) anything more than a gentle strum or pick when the effect is on will distort the sound. MVL.