D-6 FAB Flange review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-6 FAB Flange

Purchased from: Movies and Music

I am using a very cheap beginner Typhoon guitar, and a Custom 16 watt amp. Pretty cheap equipment, I had it since I started (planning on upgrading this summer) with a Fab Chorus and metal. This pedal overall wasn't that noisy. Anthou when the regen control is turned out to the max it do give a lot of feedback caused by the "swooshing" sound that this pedal makes when the buttons are maxed. I found that quite annoying. But I found the sounds were neat. It's a great pedal when playing for fun. It's a good, and the sound is pretty good. The only thing I hated about this pedal was that somtimes it took a while to get a sensible non swooshing sound from it. But it was a good buy.

I like to play music that consists of alot of chorus effect. So the flange was a good choice for the type of music I like to play. I also use a Danelectro Fab Metal pedal regularly and it sounds great with that pedal also. If this pedal were stolen I would defiantly buy it again. I love the "tube" sound this thing gives off. But I don't like the heavy swooshing sound that it give off when the pedal is maxed. I don't see the point of suck a sound on the guitar.

So far I can totally depend on this pedal, it looks and feels great with regards to it durability. Although I wouldn't go crazy and stamp on it everytime I want to turn it on while playing. I would take this to a gig and probably use this one for backup. If I was interested in playing in from of crowds and making money I would probably buy and more expensive pedal than this one. But saying that this pedal sounds pretty darn good.

I personally can't see a pedal getting much easier to use in ragards to the controls. Only three control nobs, so its not complicated.

Modest Moose
    I own this pedal, and think the sound is awesome. Cheap to. I use it with my ibanez artcore ag87 and a 50w solid state ibanez amp. sounds awesome, and no, i don't work for ibanez.