D-6 FAB Flange review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Danelectro: D-6 FAB Flange

I'm using this with my Saga kit Strat (with Fender Tex-Mex pickups) for the most part. It's doesn't give too much hissing, which is good for a $15 pedal. The biggest beef I have with this pedal is that it only sounds good if one or more of the knobs is maxed out. It's hard to get a good mild flange going. When all three knobs are maxed out it sounds like a tremolo + flange. It has a very experimental/psychedelic sound to it.

I play a lot of progressive rock and the flanger is an important effect for the genre. Unfortunately this flanger is not completely up to snuff in terms of versatility. If you want a gentle flange sweeping in the background while you're wailing on a solo, this is not the pedal for you. Buy this pedal only if you like experimental-sounding effects.

It seems sturdy enough for a plastic-cased pedal, but I wouldn't jump around on it. In the unlikely even that I would use it for a gig I wouldn't worry about having a backup because I don't destroy my pedals. The Switch doesn't click, which caught me off-guard. There is an LED, so it's not impossible to tell when the effect is on.

Very easy to use, three knobs "regen", "speed", and "depth". I bought it mainly because I don't like the flanger on my Vox AD50VT. The manual is superfluous and you might as well just throw it out. If you have an IQ higher than gravel you'll be able to figure it out on your own.

erotic sweaters
    Nickleback1192
    I'm not sayin this is a bad pedal or anything cuase i haven't even played 1 but it lookls pretty cheap
    XAkitAX
    thev90
    erotic sweaters wrote: ok, this is just bugging me. If my pedal was stolen, I would not buy it again, I would find the ****er who stole it and beat the shit out of them and take my pedal back.
    XAkitAX wrote: I love the FABs, but i agree about someone stealing it.. what would someone go through the trouble to steal a 15$ pedal?
    I agree, and who the f*** steals a guitar pedal? steal the guitar or something idk just kidding, but it's a good pedal, i have mine set so it kind of phases up and down and it's pretty trippy
    willardcanada
    I've noticed when it swoops down, it's get a unwelcome faint distortion sound. Is that normal with this model?
    Wulver
    I have one of these, and it is indeed very difficult to get a useful sound out of it. Plenty of crazy sounds and such, but hard to find something reasonable. Still fun to fool around with, though.