D-6 FAB Flange review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-6 FAB Flange

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I am using a 2006 MIM Fender Sunburst Strat and a 1997 American made, Crate GX-65 combo with this pedal, and I must say, this is the 1st pedal that actually sounds good through this amp. I was using a DigiTech RP50 before, but it wouldn't sound good through this amp, so I sold it, and decided to just get this and next, a Fab Chorus. That's all I need.

I have been playing for over 35 years and I play mostly classic rock with some blues on the side. Why Danelectro didn't come out with these earlier, I don't know, but I'm glad they did. For those of us on a low budget, these are great pedals. I intend to get the Chorus one next, and then I'm going to see about getting the Fish & Chips compressor, then that'll be it.

I realize that this is made of plastic, but I'm also a firm believer in taking care of your equipment, so I don't see why this shouldn't last me for a few years or so. If not, I can always go and get another one. I could and have used this on a gig without backup, and let me say one thing. If you are going to get one of these, make sure that you buy the Danelectro adaptor, because this thing eats batteries alive.

I bought this pedal last week at Daddy's Junky Music, here in Warwick, R.I. for the measley sum of $14.99. Forget about the manual, you don't need it. This pedal isn't exactly rocket science to operate. It only took me about 5 minutes of figiting with it to get a great sound. I am very pleased with this lil' monster.

JungIe
    willardcanada wrote: I've noticed when it swoops down, it's get a unwelcome faint distortion sound. Is that normal with this model?
    I get that too when the depth is close to maxed out. It sorta sucks the tone and volume and has some wierd distortion effect.