D-6 FAB Flange review by Danelectro

Danelectro: D-6 FAB Flange

Purchased from: Local Shop

I use this with my Peavey Raptor EXP or my Gibson Les Paul 100. And for an amp I use my little Peavey Backstage 11x11 practice amp. You can pretty easily get a lot regain and that gets a good amount of noise. Basically keep it around 12 o'clock for all of them [the knobs] and you should get a great sound out of it. You can get the sound of Rush pretty easily. It gets the nice glow of a twelve string... if you have the right settings. It can also get almost like a tremolo (like most flangers) with the speed all of the way up.

I really wish that it had a different design. Not so rounded with a metal button that you stomp. Also, the knobs could be at the top so you didn't have to strain your neck to see the settings. And if they kept the knobs, make the little dashes white instead of red. Another thing with the design is that the input/output jacks could maybe go on the side instead of the back. I mainly chose this one because at the time I had hardly any money, I needed some effects, and this was at the check out counter and I figured that twenty bucks wouldn't hurt. And go figure. It surprised me a lot. It was a pretty decent buy. If it were stolen/lost I might buy it again if I were on a budget but if not, I would probably buy a Behringer because they are designed better. But overall, if you're on a budget, get this.

It has lasted me for about a year now with pretty constant use. I don't really stomp on it with the full force of my leg though. I just recently made myself a good pedalboard, and before I had just been stuffing it in the back of my amp. That probably wasn't the best idea. But nonetheless, it lasted me this long, pretty good for a plastic pedal. Not even a crack. But it does get smear marks like crazy.

It's a pretty easy product to use. A regain, speed, and depth knob is it. It came with a manual, but I'm one of those people who think they can do it mostly by themselves and most of the time can get it right. The only thing that I don't like is that the button that you stomp or press overtime gets somewhat sticky and it might take a couple touches to get it on/off.

Smart Patrol
    I know the last post was 4 years ago, but its always good to warn. Behringers UF100 had the same problem of faint distortion. There is a flanger comparison clip in Youtube that compares Fab with Electric Mistress and Digitechs Turbo Flange. The Danelectro is the worse of the 3 by far.