DD-1 FAB Tone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DD-1 FAB Tone

Purchased from: atlantic traders

I use this pedal through my Ibanez TB-15 as well as my gigging amp which is a Crate GTX212. I play a Standard Strat. This pedal can get hundreds of distortion sounds just by tweaking the two tone knowbs, bass and treble. You can get those old 60's rock sounds as well as nu-metal, punk, and hardcore sounds. This pedal is simply amazing. One unique feature, and a dislike to many is the fact that there is no level of distortion to select, there is only volume, bass, treble, and fab which is simply the level of sustain, not distortion. To me, this makes the pedal better. This pedal has even been used on CD recordings for such bands as Creed. I can't stand them though. Ultimately, this pedal was designed to reproduce sounds from early tube amps in the late 40's, but it really is used as more of a metal monster. This pedal rocks.

I have purchsed many distortion pedals over my 4 years of playing guitar. I have owned two other Danelectro dist. Pedals as well a Boss DS-1, which I paid $60 for and thought it was the shit until I discovered this. I have now given away that pedal. Your search for the ultimate distortion has ended here, trust me on this, I have yet to hear anything better.

This pedal is built like a tank. It has a metal casing is is pretty heavy duty. I've dropped it, kicked it, and so on yet it still holds up. I would easily use this without a backup because of its reliablity. I so however recommend you get an adapter for this pedal b/c it eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake.

This is one of the simplest peddles out there yet it is unbelievably versatile.