DD-1 FAB Tone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DD-1 FAB Tone

I am using this with a Strat copy, which under this pedal I have gone from the stock pickups to all new Dimarzios, and it sounded great with both (better with Dimarzios of course). I run this either into a guitar port then into an amp, or straight to the amp. I have used with this a Peavey Rage 158, a Marshall TSL half stack, Crate amps, Line 6 amps, and it has never failed to achieve incredible sound. You can go from a light, '60s sort of fuzz to a fully saturated metal-out-your-ass tone. It doesn't sound digital and weak like other pedals, even with a Rage 158. It sounds much like a fully overdriven tube amp when you crank up the Fab Tone. The bass and treble controls are great as well. The bass isn't muddy at all, and the treble is amazing. I currently get a hum through this pedal no matter what, but it's because I'm using an old Linksys router AC adapter. When I used a different adapter it was perfectly quiet. This thing sounds amazing no matter how you apply it. It works well for The Unseen, The Casualties, even The Ramones but you can still crank it up for some Metallica, Lamb Of God, Avenged Sevenfold, The Gods, whatever metal band you can think of. I have also been able to procure a good Creed-ish modern rock tone. 5 out of 5 for pure awesomeness.

Overall this thing is nothing short of amazing, especially considering it's price. I have been playing for 3-4 years, and it has beaten every other pedal I've played. I also have a Boss DS-1 Distortion, and a DigiTech distortion, but this thing blows both of them away in every aspect or genre of music. I have compared it to the distortion tones with my Guitar Port, and seperately the Fab Tone destroys it but pair them together for some wicked tone. I'm really not sure if this pedal is still in production about a year or two ago I saw it in Musician's Friend for about 70-99 dollars, I beleive. If you happen to see one of these in a pawn shop or guitar shop, definitely give it a spin. You won't regret it.