DD-1 FAB Tone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DD-1 FAB Tone

Purchased from: Kentuckiana Music Center

I use this with a Washburn WI64 and a Washburn X10 plugged into a 25W Randall. The sound is very good, but it makes both of my guitars sound pretty much the same when its on. The only difference being is that my WI64 has hotter pickups than my X10 so it gets more feedback. Like I said before, there are hundred of sounds that you can get outta this thing; from blues to Death Metal. This pedal can get very noisy with the fab and/or the treble turned up all of the way, but I rarely do that so I dont worry about it (I found that if I cut the mids on my amp I get very little feedback). It is actually pretty quite in comparison to my Danelectro Black Coffee distortion that I sold to a friend for $9 (I didn't need it since I got this) but it does hum. I can get any kind of distortion that I want out of it; a smooth Overdrive to a nut crushing rythem distortion to screaming leads.

I play a lot of metal ranging from nu metal and alternative to Death Metal and thrash and occasionally blues and classic rock. Its perfect for my playing style and works very well with the music I play. I have been playing for a little over 2 and a half years and I have been doing music for about 5 and a half years. ALong with this pedal, I own a Washburn WI64, a Washburn X10, a Washburn D10S12, an Indiana Shannondale, an Epiphone Classical, a 25W Randall, and a Danelectro Hashbrowns Flange. If it were stolen, I would go out and buy another one. It was definitely worth the $70 I paid for it. I love all of the sounds that you can achieve by just tweaking a knob. There isn't really anything a hate about it. I did not compare it to other distortion pedals since I'm an impulse buyer sometimes (this being one of them), and I'm very happy with this pedal. And I would like to say if you are looking for a great distortion pedal with awesome versatility, look no further than the Danelectro Fab Tone Distortion.

This thing has, I bielive, a cast iron casing and it weighs a atleast 5 pounds. It's extremely durable and I would use it in a gig without a backup no questions asked.

This beast has 4 knobs; volume (adjusts volume and gain), bass (adjusts bass), treble (adjusts treble), and fab (this adjusts the sustain of the distortion that is played in tandem with what you are playing on your guitar). It takes a bit of getting used to, but the manual helped me to understand it better with examples of different tones. The manual covers about 7 different presets, but adjusting one know just a bit changes the sound so there are hundres of sounds that can be achieved.

blacksides
    my pedal picks up the radio. i've got spanish talk radio and italian opera! hells yeah!
    Modest Moose
    My amp does that if i don't plug it into a grounded outlet and have the gain up to high.
    joedefenestrate
    Love this pedal,probabaly the best distortion pedal i've ever heard,i got mine off this guy i know for 21 bucks and it was worth it,but mines F*cked up casue it dosent turn off,and the vol is messed up casue my bassist pissed me off one day so i chucked it across the room at him but it still works!!!! built like a tank if you ask me.