DD-1 FAB Tone review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DD-1 FAB Tone

I have an Epiphone goth sg, an Ibanez RG220 w/ emg 81's, and I had a '61 Gibson sg re-issue. I play them through a Line 6/Spider III with 2X12 Celestion speakers. I had to upgrade my amp because it kept ruining my smaller ones. I've yet to see how this one holds up. I've lost a Peavey Studio Pro 1X12, a cheap ass Crate (nothing against them I like Crate but this one was a small cruddy one), and a small Marshall through this pedal. I like to play Heavy Ass Metal with as much CRUNCH as I can get into my rhythms with a screaming lead. This pedal certainly does it. I just wish I had an amp that I KNOW will be able to hang with this and not blow. I hope the Line 6 will do it for me. It has always given my amps an annoying hum, very very annoying, but still, this pedal is ruthless. I have never used another pedal with this much crunch. I love it.

I play a lot of Hard Rock and Metal. You won't find a better pedal for this type of music. I've been playing for about 12 years and still haven't found anything like it. I was originally given this pedal about 8-10 years ago as a present, then quit playing for about a year or so and I sold it along with the rest of my equipment. When I started playing again, I went and bought another for 50 bucks. It may look cheesy, like a buick from the fifty's, but it definately screams. I don't like how I had to go through so many amps b/c of it, but the sound is amazing.

I've never had a problem with it other than too much power for my earlier amps. They didn't blow right off the bat, just a drawn out process with the humming. I don't think anything would ever happen to it if it were dropped or anything, it's like a tank. I would use it without a backup with no questions asked.

This thing is simple to use. You have 4 knobs, 1 button, and unlimited overdrive/crunch. I looked through the tiny manual a couple of times, but you really don't need it to get the tone you want, if you want facemelting crunch, this is it.