DJ-10 Grilled Cheese Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-10 Grilled Cheese Distortion

Purchased from: Yamaha

I'm using a crappy Yamaha Pacifica with a crappy Yamaha GA-10 amplifier. Nothing much to talk about, but when plugged in with the Grilled Cheese, it goes beserk! Turn the renoscance knob all the way down, and you get this crazy sleek treble distortion similar to a Boss Metal Zone. When you turn it all the way up, it gives you this powerful bass distortion, equally crazy and sleek. Amazing what a 2 knobs effect can do.

I used to play hardcore D-beat punk rock like The Casualties, and other hard rock/metal like Foo Fighters, Children Of Bodom. Kinda the type of distortion I'm looking for, it goes well with my style of music. I got it for a birthday present from my brother, and if it were stolen, I'd track down that guy and beat the living daylights out of him.

Reliablity & Durablity? I'm not sure about the durability 'cause I haven't gigged with it, but I'm sure it will go well (maybe gotta get a backup just in case). But I can say that it's totally reliable. It even has this see through hard plastic case covering the area around the knobs, so the knobs don't get stomped on and get spoilt when ever you step on it. It has this large rubber surface at the bottom, so rest assured the little dude won't move an inch.

Grilled Cheese is totally easy to use. Only 2 knobs, level and renoscance, so yeah it's easy to use. Oh yeah, it's yellow in colour too, my favourite color! There's no big manual, only a small piece of paper showing the preferred distortion. But do you really need a manual for an effect with only 2 knobs? Just turn the knobs and you will get the sound you're looking for, No Doubt about it.

xX Maverick Xx
    but when plugged in with the Grilled Cheese, it goes beserk!
    for some odd reason i laughed really hard when i read that
    somethingcool76
    i definately have to recommend the Boss DS-1 over any other starter distortion pedal because of its ease, durability, and range, all while being pretty cheap
    k90728
    xX Maverick Xx wrote: but when plugged in with the Grilled Cheese, it goes beserk! for some odd reason i laughed really hard when i read that
    HAHAHAHAHA!-The Grilled Cheese should be a "toasty" colour and shaped like a peice of bread. Then when you stuggle and step on it. Cheese comes out!!!... But i think it should be shaped like a peice of bread.
    santhony1987
    King ofKumbucha wrote: I think it should be shaped like a piece of shit cuz thats what it sounds like.
    Word
    SkAsupafly
    haha these comments are hilarious, anyways who's ever heard a good danelectro pedal??
    don't touch me
    i've had the grilled cheese pedal for quite a while now and it sucks the whole range the grilled cheese is taken from is poor if you want a pedal that can give you trebble and bass distortion and can suit any style of music from blues to rock to metal to punk get the digitech hot head distortion pedal it rules!!!