DJ-12 Chili Dog Octave Pedal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-12 Chili Dog Octave Pedal

Purchased from: eBay

I play this with an unbranded strat, but if I choose the right setup from my pickups, Marshall MG10CD and Behringer X V-AMP, it sounds all right. However, it can't really handle chords, and the 2 octaves down setting sounds like crap, as does the one octave setting if you go higher than 12th fret. Quite why you would need to do this is beyond me though! I only use this to play seven nation army and a few cool basslines, so it's exactly what I need, as if you choose the right pickup etc, it sounds perfect. If you need to do any of the things above though, spend a bit more money and get something like my friends Whammy pedal.

Perfect for me, 'cause I only really use it to play Seven Nation Army. Any thing fancier than that, get a Whammy pedal, or a more expensive octave divider. Stolen? Buy another one, unless I had the money for a Whammy pedal. But come on, for a tenth of the price, this is probably the better deal.

Simple things are hard to break. And it comes with a funny protector thing so you can't stand on the control knobs (you can of course still use the on/off switch). I'd gig with it.

Plug it in, choose how much of the three different octave levels you want, enjoy. That simple. No Manual, but you should be shot if you need one.