DJ-13 French Toast Octave Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-13 French Toast Octave Distortion

Purchased from: UG's Very Own Entrant_21

I tested in on a Squier SP-10 (Borrowed as mines at my mothers house) but it still sounded really nice. I had the settings: Level @ 2.00, Dist @ 12, Octave UP and EQ @ 1.00 and I managed to create a heavy, in your face metal sound (which then influenced to write this metally song I'm written at the moment!). Entrant_21 has apparently tweeked it so it sounds smoother, so the same settings and sounds may not occur on your device, but still, it's worth a mess around of iff you search some settings on google!

I play metal, rock, alt-rock, post Grunge etc and this is great for those sort of genres (especially more of the metal stuff, this thing makes your guitar rip heads of a thousand bats!). So I deffinatly recommend this pedal for those metal-heads out there Who don't exactly have the worlds biggest budgets or want something different. This is my first pedal but I've messed around with Boss' and Digitechs so if I did lose this or someone stole it, I would buy it again, but probably invest in something like the Boss MT or anyother distortion pedal (if funds are the problem then back to the French Toast!).

It's heavily build and the knobs would not move atall with the slightest touch (unless you full on booted it then possibly). Also you'd never be able to kick the octave Switch up or down too (as the size is incredibly tiny!) but readable. The outercasing is made of a heavy, thick durable plastic that should hold some wear and tear. I would deffinatly use this at a gig with probably more pedals (for more sounds without having to Switch the settings for every other song).

Didn't recieve the box OR manuel but was really easy to get the grips of. Just plug, plug and play! (But make sure you plug in your AC adapter or atleast have a 9V battery in it!). Quick Details: 3 Knobs 1 Switch (Level, Distortion, EQ, Octave) Foot Button Thing DC 9V IN OUT Made In China Battery Power on when cord is in IN jack. Adapter: 9 volt, 300 mA max Now I'll stop copying what it says on the back.