DJ-14 Fish & Chips 7-Band EQ review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-14 Fish & Chips 7-Band EQ

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I use the Fish & Chips with an Epiphone G-310 and some DigiTech and Danelectro pedals into a Crate amp. This pedal isn't very noisey at all. This pedal always sounds awesome. If you have the highest and lowest frequencies maxed out with some good distortion you can get a good Dimebag kind of sound.

I play classic rock to metal and this pedal is a really good match. I have been playing for about 3 years and own a few other pedals, a bass, and 2 guitars. The only complaint that I have about this pedal is that the button to turn it on seems flimsy and is kind of small. If this pedal was ever lost or stolen I would buy another one or even 2 in a heart beat.

I take the Fish & Chips back and forth with me to band practice/friends house whatever and it does just fine. But if I was playing a gig I would probably use a backup just incase I stepped on it the wrong way or something. I can see this pedal lasting me a long time because I don't stomp on my pedals to hard. If you do hit your pedals pretty hard I would recommend getting 2 or stepping up to maybe the Boss EQ.

To get a good sound out of the Fish & Chips can take some time. Once you find a setting that you like you probably wont change it too much. This pedal is self-explanitory and the manual is pretty much useless. The Fish & Chips adds so much to the sound it sounds wimpy without it.

mousepad
    or its named that to fit in with the other food named pedals-tunamelt, corned beef, t bone, pepperoni, etc. you are a CUNT
    mongeux
    I just got one Friday, and I'm petty impressed with it, I'm using it w/ my acoustic on a 30 watt kustom, and gives a nice boost and a better range of sound than the the three tone knobs on the amp wish I would have bought it a long time ago
    bmschrad
    I've got one and I love it. Works just as good if not better that the Boss's I've used. It might not be as durable but for the money you can't beat them. I've had mine for a few months and I haven't had any problems with it. I'd highly recommend one.
    stujomo
    thev90
    how does it work with my amp settings? would i have to dial in a normal tone so the pedal would be more noticeable? cuz right now i have my mid and bass maxed and high just past half for a kindy fuzzy but sharp sound, anyone know?
    drk529
    stujomo wrote: I goI got one because it was cheap and wanted a bit more control over the tone from my epi valve junior. Works fine for me playing at home. I use it to boost the mids a bit and cut back on some of the bass.
    +1... i got one today and plugged in my vj... amazing how much this pedal opens that amp up. up. up.t one because it was cheap and wanted a bit more control over the tone from my epi valve junior. Works fine for me playing at home. I use it to boost the mids a bit and cut back on some of the bass.[/quote]
    Illusive
    Leonheart wrote: Fish and chips...? Weird name for a pedal.
    Propably 'cause fish and chips is a typical British meal. Thus implying that it is perfect for playing Brit-rock or maybe just aiming at the Britisch market.