DJ-15 Chicken Salad Vibrato review by Danelectro

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Danelectro: DJ-15 Chicken Salad Vibrato

Purchased from: WorldMusicSupply.com

I use this pedal with my Squier Strat (Modded), my Vox AD30VT 30 Watt Stereo 10 Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier, and my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. The vibrato is very noticable. You can get a very mild, slow vibrato or an insane fast vibrato with this pedal. A semi-vast range if you'd say.

I play mostly rock, harcore, metal, some occasional bluegrass, a wide variety actually. This pedal doesn't really suit my metal/hardcore needs, but it is good for spicing up my rock solos and nastifying my Bluegrass playing. I've been playing guitar for around a year and a half now and without this pedal. I wouldn't be as complete as I am today. If it were lost or stolen I would replace it. It's only 36 bucks. I mean yeah it's fragile, but it makes a good vibrato tone for being so cheap.

This pedal isn't something you should really use like say a Boss pedal. Boss pedals are constructed of metal, this pedal is constructed of plastic. If you stomp on it to hard to might crack it or something. Mine hasn't cracked yet, you just have to be gentle with it. The knobs also are de-attachable so you don't have to worry about them breaking.

This pedal is extremely easy to follow. It has two knobs: intensity and speed. It comes with very little instruction. Three sample settings are included if you're new to pedals. It's actually very explanitory. All you have to do is expirement a little to find out wich tones you will be using and such. There are no facy slides, or swtiches either. Just set the knobs, and step on the little circular button to activate and whoala!

~Shred Hero~
    tortillamaster : whoala?
    You never heard of whoala? Whoala - pronounced (Wah-la). Means like, here it is; there you go; suprise.
    guitar nooblet
    You never heard of whoala?
    +1 :? ---Anyway, I bought this pedal a while back and love it!!! I thought it would be crappy because its so cheap; turns out I was wrong!
    ~Shred Hero~
    Flying Couch : Yeah, dude, it's spelled viola. :p What is it with Danelectro and wacky names?
    Yes, I now realize my stupidity in spelling =P Yeah why is that? Like the FAB's and such dont have funky names.