DJ-15 Chicken Salad Vibrato Review

manufacturer: Danelectro date: 04/04/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Danelectro: DJ-15 Chicken Salad Vibrato
Chicken Salad has absolutely nothing to do with the classic 60's swirling speaker effect this mini-pedal creates. With knobs for changing the speed and intensity of the swirl, re-create the great psychedelic 60's with the new Chicken Salad.
 Ease of Use: 9
 8.5
 1,276
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
DJ-15 Chicken Salad Vibrato Reviewed by: ~Shred Hero~, on april 04, 2008

Purchased from: WorldMusicSupply.com

Ease of Use: This pedal is extremely easy to follow. It has two knobs: intensity and speed. It comes with very little instruction. Three sample settings are included if you're new to pedals. It's actually very explanitory. All you have to do is expirement a little to find out wich tones you will be using and such. There are no facy slides, or swtiches either. Just set the knobs, and step on the little circular button to activate and whoala! // 9

Sound: I use this pedal with my Squier Strat (Modded), my Vox AD30VT 30 Watt Stereo 10 Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier, and my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. The vibrato is very noticable. You can get a very mild, slow vibrato or an insane fast vibrato with this pedal. A semi-vast range if you'd say. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal isn't something you should really use like say a Boss pedal. Boss pedals are constructed of metal, this pedal is constructed of plastic. If you stomp on it to hard to might crack it or something. Mine hasn't cracked yet, you just have to be gentle with it. The knobs also are de-attachable so you don't have to worry about them breaking. // 5

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock, harcore, metal, some occasional bluegrass, a wide variety actually. This pedal doesn't really suit my metal/hardcore needs, but it is good for spicing up my rock solos and nastifying my Bluegrass playing. I've been playing guitar for around a year and a half now and without this pedal. I wouldn't be as complete as I am today. If it were lost or stolen I would replace it. It's only 36 bucks. I mean yeah it's fragile, but it makes a good vibrato tone for being so cheap. // 9

Comments