DJ-16 Bacon 'N Eggs Mini Amp/Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-16 Bacon 'N Eggs Mini Amp/Distortion

Purchased from: Village Music

I don't have a certain style of playing so I play some rock, alternative, funk, soloing, country, and whatever I feel like at the time. You control it with the volume controls on your guitar when it is being used alone as a mini amp. I haven't had the chance to acctually use it as a distortion pedal, hooked up to another amp, but from what I hear it does it's job ok. It is what I would expect from a effect with a tiny speaker. It does have the possiblility to be loud but it doesnt't sound that great loud, it gets all staticy. Again I haven't used it through a larger amp, it might sound much better.

For a small inexpensive guitar distortion with a built in speaker and the capeability to be used alone, it is worth what it cost. I'm not saying that it is the best thing I have ever bought and eveyone should go buy it, but I am saying that it is worth the money and maby a little bit more. It is fine for what I have used it for (playing with friends in random spots around town and for trips that I couldn't bring a regular amp). I would definitly buy another Danelectro product and I plan on buying some more effects from them. It could use a volume control on the acctual unit though. For it's size it is very very good, I mean the thing is tiny after all.

It is dependable to play good if it has good batterys in it, enless you have it plugged in the wall which it works non-stop fine. It has been droped from up fairly high and steped on too, and so far it still looks and works fine. I didn't use it for a long time and when I plugged it back in it worked just fine.

Not to much to say about features, it is a guitar effect, and has a built in speaker so it can be used alone. It has a single buttion on the front with a small speaker and one green light. On the top side there is an input and output standard jacks and also a DC 9Volt in spot. It is definitly small enough to fit into my pocket and has a reall smooth classic look to it.