DJ-16 Bacon 'N Eggs Mini Amp/Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-16 Bacon 'N Eggs Mini Amp/Distortion

To be honest I don't think that the type of guitar and the type of pickups really matter when you plug your guitar into this thing, I have a Squier Strat and an Epiphone SG G310 and they both sound exactly the same. The distortion has a nice growl to it though which I was very pleased about, it has nearly the same sounding distortion as my Fender Frontman amp, a nice deep growl! There is no 'clean' setting on it, it's a distortion pedal man!

I was slightly dissapointed with this amp to be honest, but I got it fairly cheap so I got my moneys worth really. I'm also sad to say that I don't use it anymore, as I don't really have a use for it! If it were lost or stolen, I don't think I'd even notice it had gone, in fact I think I've lost it anyway! But yeah, overral it's an average mini amp, with nothing special that stands out about it.

Adapter because the whole point of having a mini/portable amp is so you can play your guitar in random places and have the amp run off batteries. Unfortunately this mini amp EATS batteries like there's no tomorrow, so a Power Adapter is a must buy if your going to purchase this mini amp. The only time I would gig with this box is to use it as a distortion pedal on top of an amp's distortion, therefore I'd have an extra boost of 'growl' if I needed it!

Ok, the features on this mini amp, are quite simply an on/off button. But what else do you expect a 15 mini amp to have? It has an input and Output Jack but to my disspointment it doesn't have a headphone jack. You can just plug your guitar into the Input jack and use it as a mini amp, or you can use both the input and output jacks to use it as a distortion pedal.