DJ-17 PB&J Delay review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
  • Users' score: 7 (1 vote)
Danelectro: DJ-17 PB&J Delay

Purchased from: local store

This pedal is shockingly quiet for it being so cheap. I've never heard any excess noise so its quiet enough for me. This is a very sterile sounding delay, like freshly prepped operating room or a "clean" room a computer company which isn't exactly a bad thing, if you want something to sound really really creepy or you just want a slapback with a crap ton of repeats. I swear I counted 20 as the maximum amount. So if your using modulation, od, distortion, reverb its actually not that bad I would not call this a "tape delay" by any means of the imagination as found in the product description.

I have been playing for 8 years and I play metal (I know I said a dirty word especially in a review for a delay) and I would use this pedal for solos or if I want to have a monstrous fast slap back delay on rhythm I would use this thing. Its been taken recently off my board because there really isn't room for it. Is it a good match for what I play, maybe but I find running 20 repeats on an almost non existent delay time for a song like Behemoth's "Demigod" or Death's "Pull The Plug" hilarious. The featuresbon this pedal are lacking especially for a Digital Delay the only functions are a small footswitch for long/short is pretty bleh, and since dd3s can go for 60 or less used. Its marketability to buy a second ome as a replacement isn't what I'd. Call good. Maybe if I was feeling nostalgic I'd buy another. Its not bad but its not great either.

I had it for 7 years and haven't had one problem, unless I had a song that required this delay, since I like writing weird trippy music its possible I would use this pedal, if not this thing it would be my back up. Wouldn't bring a back up because I'd already be packing 3 delays.

It would be easier to use if the knobs weren't cheap plastic and come off so incredibly easily. Luckily if you have a Phillips head screwdriver you can still adjust the settings after you lose your knobs. I guess it came with a manual don't really remember I had this thing for a long time.