DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion

I use the pedal with a Fender 15R amp and an Epiphone special. I play alot of Metallica and the sound is perfect for this music. I also play Blink and other punk and it doesn't sound as good for that. This pedal is strictly for metal(obviously by the name).The sound is very powerful and even on the treble on 0 its extremely crunchy. Turn it up high however on a small amp and the sound isn't that good<but thats just my amp.

I play a wide variety of music styles, I would only use this for metal though. I own a standard strat and epiphone, and 2 other pedals. If this pedal was robbed I would probably buy another Danelectro as they are quite reliable and I never experience technical problems.I don't like the slight feedback you get when its up full. However I love the simplicity of its design, Just plug in and play. I would definitely recommend the Danelectro range to first-time pedal buyers.

I would certainly depend on this pedal for gig's. I have experienced no problems with it to date. I would use it without back up without a doubt, as long as treble isn't up too high.

I bought this pedal off the shelf straieght away. It included the pedal and the footgaurd (this protects the switches). Its also came with a battery already inside. THis can use 9V batteries but its eats them quick. I power mine with an adapter which I bought seperately. The pedal is very simple to set up. The controls are very simple as there are only three knobs, Volume , bass and treble. Its quite strong so you can stamp down hard without fear.