DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Danelectro: DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Local SHop

I am using this with a Fender Standard Strat, and I must say this is absolutly horrible. Barely even turning the level up makes a disgustingly loud cracking sound. The cracking sound is about 75% or so of the noise the guitar makes. Ugh! That said, the distortion is pretty bad anyway, it is very heavy and could only really be used for Death Metal.

I play classic rock, and have been playing for about a year. This was the first effect that I purchased (so long ago), and I very much regret it. The pedal is cheap, unreliable, and most importantly: bad sounding. If it were stolen, I would be happy someone solved one of my problems. I hate everthing about it. Forget it, I would much rather crank up the gain on my amp than use this.

To put it bluntly, you cannot depend on this at all. Made of plastic, I believe that it would crack if it hit the ground. The bottom panel refuses to stay on, and the knobs are always falling off if you kick one. Not only that, but if you miss with you foot, it is extremely easy to accidenlt hit, and turn one of the knobs. I wouldn't even think of doing a gig with this.

Well, this is it's strongs area. There are three knobs: level, bass, and treble, I don't think anything could really be more simple than that. It doesn't really come with a manual, just some suggested settings.