DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion

Purchased from: OC Pawn Shop

This pedal has an amazing sound! I play it with my Gretsch Synchromatic solidbody guitar (which looks and plays like a Gibson Les Paul). I use a Fender Frontman G practice amp. I can get anything from low crunchy rhythm tones, to blazing high tones for solos and lead. I use this pedal for almost everything that I play.

This pedal matches my music perfectly. I am in a rock band that plays heavier things and some punk and this pedal fits my style perfectly. If this pedal were stolen I would hunt down the person who stole it and beat the crap out of them and steal it back. If I lost it, I would cry my eyes out, then rush to the music store and buy another one. I love everything about this pedal and I use it for just about everything.

I can definitely depend on this pedal and I plan to use it at my next gig. I use it at band practices as well. As far as a backup goes, I would be comfortable, but I would definitely bring an extra 9V battery just in case.

This pedal is relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it. The knobs are pretty self explanatory and easy to use. It was a little difficult to synchronize the settings on the pedal with my amp settings, but once I did that, it was very easy.