DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I'm currently using a Schecter Synyster Custom guitar with a Bogner Metropolis amplifier and the tone from it is absolutly orgasmic. The treble and bass that come from this is like no other I've ever used. It's great for playing Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Children Of Bodom, Pantera ect. Despite it's horrible feedback, it's a definate 5 star, compact Metal Machine.

I've played metal with this pedal for about two years and it hasn't let me down yet! If I ever lost it, I'd definatly run back up and get a new one as fast as I could. The only thing I hate about this pedal is the horrible feedback. The rest, is perfect. The crunchy sound. The tone boost for Artificial/pinch harmonics. Everything. I'm looking forward to the next "metal pedal" from Danelectro.

I'd depend on this at a gig if I wasn't jumping around and freaking out as long as I had the adapter, not the 9-volt battery that comes with it. One tug on this baby and it'd go flying. But the foot guard Is quite a good idea. It's very reliable and very useful.

Yet another breath-taking, feedback-freak Guitar-effects pedal from Danelectro. Black Coffee, Metal Distortion. With only three knobs (level, treble and bass) it looks pretty simple and not worth the money, but it is. There's no manual, but it's not like you need one. This pedal doesn't require an editing patch at all. It's perfect for Metal and Shred.