DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-21 Black Coffee Metal Distortion

Purchased from: bestbuy

I am using a Ibanez RG350 with a Behringer VT100 FX Head and a Kustom cab. I have the pedals level about 3/4s of the way up, so it provides a sound boost, but there is a little feedback and buzzing. The distortion is really heavy, and I don't even have it turned all the way up. I can get sounds from Crue to Pantera and Megadeth to Death.

I play thrash metal and some glam, and it works perfectly. I have been playing for three years and have always depended on the distortion built in on my amps, but none match this. I think this pedal is excellent for the price and would recommend it greatly.

It seems to be holding up fine, but I haven't put it to the test of a gig yet. I would use it at a gig but with a battery backup. It is made out of plastic, but it can take a stomping. Since it is very small and light, I would defenatly say it is built tough.

This pedal is really easy to use, with just a patch in/out, a dc 9v output for power (or you have the option to put a 9v battery in) and three switches, one for leval, one for bass and one for treble. The first time I used this, it took less than a min. To get this amazizing distortion sound out of it.