DJ-22 Black Licorice Beyond Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-22 Black Licorice Beyond Metal

I'm using this pedal on my two JMG wall stacks, with my Ibanez RGT42RP. The feedback is amazing, and the static is practically noiseless. I've been able to mimic such distortion from Metallica, System of a Down, and Hatebreed. Only problem is the time it takes to get those exact level settings.

I've been playing for about 2 years now. My band and I 'Glowless Halo' are focused on mixing funk with some nu heavy metal riffs. Think Red Hot Chili Peppers incorporating with System of A Down. What I love about the Black Licorice pedal is that it lives up to its slogan 'Beyond Metal' And it states that for a reason. Not only can you get those old wicked head bopping distortion, but you can get those scratchy fast screams which get the crowds jumping. What I hate about it is that theres not alot of customization abilities. My favorite feature its is size. I can now fit more pedals on my pedal before thanks to dan electro. I definitely depend on it to make music.

I can't definitely depend on my black licorice. Though I always have a backup. These pedals are so compact, they fit in the palm of your hand. Yet release a pure heavy sound thats absolutely amazing.

The ease of use on this pedal is possibly beyond the meaning of simplicity. You have two options which let you control the combination of the distortion level you would like. You have your level setting which will raise/lower the ammount of gain on the destortion, and another setting for the bass, which will help you get those old heavy metal crunches, and lighter bass for those nu-metal blasts.