DJ-22 Black Licorice Beyond Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-22 Black Licorice Beyond Metal

Purchased from: Hastings Movie/Music Entertainment

I'm using a Peavey Studio Pro 112 and with certain settings I can get the tone I desire. The sound is so great, it beats buying Overdrive and octave to get the sound you want. Spend the 60 bucks for something that already has it. When you switch from octave to Overdrive it has a major feed to it which is annoying. The sounds I get from this is a CKY sound. That's the reason I bought it. It has great CKY sound.

Music I play is alternative, metal, and horror rock. This pedal falls under 2 catagories but yeah. I've been playing for 6 years and I've never seen something like this with great sound break so easy. My gear: Peavey Studio Pro 112, DigiTech: Grunge, Death Metal, Distortion Factory 7, RP 50, Dunlop Orig. 1960 Cry Baby Wah, Danelectro Black Licorice, Austin: SG Model guitar. Now if the pedal was stolen I would be upset 'cause of the price but eh hell with it. I love the sound but I hate the strength of it. I cant compare this to anything really.

Can I depend on it? Hell no. The b--ch can break like nothing. I've already bought 2 of them. Now you can depend on the sound yes. But hitting it to turn on. I broke it by stomping on it. You know "stomp boxes" would I gig with it. No, 'cause when you hit the switch to turn it on, it doesn't come on some of the time if you hit it right.

How easy is it. Well if you can operate 2 knobs and 1 switch your in good hands. The best part is deciding if you want the octave on or off. Plug ins, AC adapter pretty basic. The funny thing is there is no manual for it. Its a no brainer its easy to operate.