DJ-22 Black Licorice Beyond Metal review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Danelectro: DJ-22 Black Licorice Beyond Metal

Purchased from: Jackson's Music

I have an Ibanez RG7321 that I play with this through a Vox AD15VT, usually on the AC15 model. This pedal is noisy. Sad to say. The sounds you can get are UBER fun, but it's best for solo-ish things. Full chords and even powerchords dissolve into screechy beyond-reasonable noise. Still, if you're playing one little note at a time, this is a very fun distortion box.

Fun little box, and rather unique, but I don't think it's worth what I paid. The "beyond metal" tones are indeed beyond metal, but no so far that everyone should own this. If you play metal, and you're really out to find something to set you just a nudge apart from the other 35 thrash bands in town, Pick one up for your lead guitarist.

These pedals have a bad rep for durability. They're fine, as long as you're not used to running cars over your stompboxes. That being said, I honestly would not gig with it; it's hard to hit the button just right while trying to play something. If I was set on taking it to a gig, I'd bring two.

Manual-free, for a reason. Two knobs and an on-off Switch for the octave drop. Finding a tone you will have fun with is easy, level halfway, bass maxed, octave on. Finding a playable tone, not so easy. You hafe to fiddle to find something that lets the notes your playing cut through the hiss, and the distortion level is non-adjustable.

new2castle
    does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram for this a kid at school gave it to me and i want to try it out