DJ-2 T-Bone Distortion review by Danelectro

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Danelectro: DJ-2 T-Bone Distortion

Purchased from: Andy's Music Center

I used mine with a Crate 30 watt amp. It's pretty noisy on any level of distortion close to the highest. It sounds pretty weak. If any of your favorite artists have crappy distorion and you want to sound like them, you can get thta sound from this pedal.

I play all typews of music, and the pedal doesnt sound good with any of them unless its in the "off" position. I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half, and I own a Fender Telecaster, a Crate 30 watt amp with DSP, and a DigiTech X-Series Metal Master Distortion pedal (which is 1,000,000 times better than this one). I wish I had asked if it was any good before I just went in and bought it. If it were stolen or lost, that would be good, cause I'd use it as an excuse to buy a new pedal. I hate almost everything about this pedal. Do youself a favor and don't buy this pedal, your guitar will sound a million times better without it.

You can't rely on this thing at all. It's not a stompbox (it's made of plastic by the way), so there's just a little button that you have to step on, and that button isn't always reponsive. I was jamming with my friends and I had to step on the button three or four times to get it just right so that the distrotion would turn on. But the worst part about the pedal is this: The electronics break very quickly. I used mine for about a month or two, and then, out of nowhere, it started picking up a christian radio station. I was like "What the hell?" I would never use this as my pedal for a gig or even my backup pedal. It was a total waste of $40.

This pedal is the most simplistic pedal I've ever used and that's not necessarily a good thing. You are very limited tone-wise. Theres only two knobs: "Distortion" and "Level", so you can't really experiment with it's sound.