DJ-2 T-Bone Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-2 T-Bone Distortion

I like the fact that it is simple to operate. It has only one volume and a distortion knob. It keeps a natural sound even in high gain situations. I play an American Strat and Mexican Strat through a 1973 Fender Bassman Head I run it through two 12 celestions. The T-Bone overdrives my tubes nicely. I have a much more expensive pedal (Sans Amp Tri Ac) and I like the tone I get from the Dano a lot better. I also own a Proco Rat and I think its a piece of crap because it sounds to colored for my taste. A pedal is just like a guitar or a amp you have to get what satisfies you. Price has nothing to do with personal taste.

For the money ut is not bad at all and I have compared the sound to much more expensive pedals. I love the fact that even at high gain my Strats still sound like strats and my amp tubes Overdrive smoothly I just wish Danelectro would make improvements on the knobs, footswitch and the noise it makes on high gain. If it was lost or stolen I would definatly buy another one. For blues, southern and classic rock it's not bad at all.

The reason I gave a 3 for my dislike ratind is because I dont like the tiny cheap knobs or the foot switch. If they would use sturdier, bigger user frendly knobs for the volume and distortion and put a more rugged and responsive foot switch I think this would be a great pedal for someone thats searching for a more natural un colored distortion. I also think Danelectro could also improve on the noise level when the distortion is set high.

It's a noisy unit at high gain but the tone is nice through a good tube amp.